Steph says hello...to meee

Steph Baxter did reply! :)

- Firstly she apologised for taking so long to reply and explained it as 'completely inexcusable' lol.

- Her reply really was quite long so to summarise...

- 'Stay positive and work really hard in getting yourself "known".'

- 'You might feel like you aren't getting anywhere, but then something completely unexpected will pop up.'

- 'I really think if you've got something to offer (you have) and you work hard, good things will happen eventually.'

- 'Have your finger in every internet pie...things like Twitter are so good cos you can "Network" with potential clients & build up a lot of illustrator friends who are such good support and its good to help each other out.'

- 'I do a LOT of emailing with work attached, thats how I've got most of my work to be honest, because its so immediate.'

- 'I'm working on some little promo packs with postcards and stickers to send to people at the moment.. But I'm a bit more wary of those because you have to ring and check people got them! (I hate phone calls!)'...I loved this, because I hate phone calls too! :D

- 'I think your work is lovely, I really like your Kleenex brief. Your typography has lots of impact (I LOVE hand drawn type!)'

And Finally,
'Good Luck! The final year is tough but I liked it best :)'

Thankyou Steph!

No comments:

Post a Comment