Putting my finger in some internet pies...

So! In terms of web presence and networking...I'm getting there.
I have registered on all the following sites...I just to need to actually put things on most of them;

Twitter;
This was my personal account but I've sort of transformed it into my personal/networking joint one. I created my own background and have a small description of myself.
The reason I chose not to have 2 seperates ones is; I don't really post that much anyway, so its not as if I'm going to offend anyone and if I set up one Just for the business/networking side of things, I would come across way too serious and boring when I don't want to. Twitter is a casual thing...I don't want to completely bore! Plus, a few designers/creative groups are following me already thumbs up.

Threadless;
Although I don't know if I would class this as a networking thing...its fun, it gets my work out there and if you are really Really lucky, you can earn some money from it.
As of yet, I haven't uploaded anything, but I intend to enter the 'movember' competition.

Flickr;
The above screenshot is from my personal one that is just photos really...I need to set up a new email account so that I can open another just for the illustration side of things. I am doing the opposite as what I am doing with twitter because flickr isn't really about your personality conversation wise, its about the work.
Plus...I can't really afford a pro account and I don't have much space left on this one so I might aswell try and get another, lol.

Etsy;
Once again, I don't have any work on here yet...purely because its about selling things mainly and as of yet, I don't have anything that I would deem acceptable for sale! But its great to see other crafty things that people are doing and at least I have the oppurtunity to sell things in the future!

Folksy;
Another site just like etsy really...but again, its nice to look around and gives me a platform to sell things in the future.

Tumblr;
Just another blog really...but lots of designers use it and it was suggested that I get myself on there by one of the people I contacted over the summer. Once again, I don't have any work on it yet...but throughout the year, this is probably where I will post some of my personal and college work and not have to give a description/evaluation of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment