Billie Jean is not my lover...

But they did reply to my email!

The illustrator isn't Actually called Billie Jean, its a guy called Sam...thankfully I knew this before I emailed them, so I didn't embarress myself by saying 'Hi Billie!'...phew!

Anyway, it was another great reply;

- He mentioned my 'British teeth' work and even linked a Spike Milligan poem about British teeth that it reminded him of, which was great because it made me believe he actually looked at the work!

- 'In terms of developing a better portfolio, it's really important that you explore the potential in your work and most of all, enjoy making your work' - this is my focus for the next year!

- 'Don't just have the set college projects in your portfolio. A lot of students these days, don't ever make any self-initiated work.' - I am definately going to take this advice on board!

- 'There is a new book called 'How to create a portfolio' (Laurence King Publishing) that you'd probably find useful. '...Another book suggestion, I may look at it in the library before buying it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment