More Replies...

Nicolas Tual (Dekore) and Serge Seidlitz (another person I mentioned in my PPD and enterprise presentations!) have replied :D

Nicolas came across as really friendly!

- Firstly he thanked me for saying I liked his work...Flattery goes a long way!

- Secondly he asked if I had a website...which just confirms what I knew, that a website is important. So I will email him again when I do have one...

- As I asked about portfolio advice, he explained that lots of clients want different things...one may want a 5 slide pdf, one may want a 50 piece hard portfolio so its hard to say one specific thing about how it should be.

- 'I always personalize my pdf for each client/agency, that make them think
that I made this portfolio just for them and that I did not blind-sended a hundred pdfs to random art-directors.'

- 'When it comes to face-to-face interviews, I always make sure I have both a digital portfolio and a hard portfolioto present...And I bring along a few goodies with me such as mini-books, stickers, posters or whatever.'

Hopefully I will talk to him again in the future once I have a website I am 'happy' with.



Serge was equally nice...but busy, so he just gave a few words which was just as good :)

- 'I would say at your stage it is important to go get commercial experience.'

- 'Be persistent, and hassle them, remind them that you're available!'

- He ended it with 'good luck, Serge.' which is always nice to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment